On November 23, I'll be releasing two EPs: Dedications (Originals) and Dedications (Covers), which will be available on all major streaming services and online stores.
The 11 songs on these EPs are the result of the Kickstarter campaign I ran a while back, and while the people who paid for the songs have had them for a while, I'm excited for the rest of the world to hear them.
Here is the track list for the two EPs:
- Trite Riddles in E Minor (for Jake Jackson)
- Giraffe Girl (for Ria the Giraffe Girl Supreme)
- Second Thoughts at St. Peter's (for Brett Hubert)
- Countdown (for Heather Hosch)
- All Night (for Ian Fredericks) [Originally by The Dodos]
- Cretin Hop (for Jeff Thieleke) [Originally by Ramones]
- Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness (for Rick Maples) [Originally by The Smashing Pumpkins]
- Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town (for Amy Bowlin) [Originally by Pearl Jam]
- Big Bird (for Drew Allen) [Originally by AJJ]
- Slob (for Jeremy Nifras) [Originally by Weezer]
- You Make My Dreams (for Brandon Beem) [Originally by Hall & Oates]
Each cover was chosen by the person it's dedicated to, and the originals were written for the people they're dedicated to with some thematic input from that individual. I had a lot of fun making these songs--it was a unique project from a writing and recording perspective, and having all of the Kickstarter backers involved in the process made it even more rewarding for me.
Sadly, stores and streaming services would not accept the cover songs with the dedications included in the title. I will maintain them in the titles when I post them to my website, YouTube, and Bandcamp, but unfortunately there was no way around that.
It's very fitting to me that these songs will be released the day after Thanksgiving--I'm very grateful for all of you who have supported me and helped make this project a success. Thank you all!