Whew, the last year has certainly been a whirlwind. On one hand, it feels insensitive to want to get out and play music for people again when there are so many more dire things going on in the world; on the other hand, a little relief and normalcy may be just what people need (when it can be provided in a safe and mindful environment).
And like many other musicians, being cooped up for the last year and a half has given me plenty of opportunity to create, and I'm eager to get out, see everyone again, and bring some of my recent projects to the stage. Here's a recap of what I've done since early 2020:
- Ambient collaboration with Bryon Dudley
- 4 new singles
- Live From the Studio video series
- Cover videos
- An entry to the NPR Tiny Desk Contest
- Live From the Studio videos with Sell the Future
- iVoted Festival with The Han Solo Project
- New Han Solo Project Album
- Shagstock 2021 - Performances with Sell the Future & The Masterplan (Oasis cover band)
I've also got two shows coming up, where I'll finally be able to debut the new live setup I used in my Live From the Studio videos:
- Oct 8 - Gas Lamp, Des Moines (w/ Hill and Vale, Sell the Future)
- Oct 15 - The Angry Irishmen, Ames (w/ Casey Joe Collins)
I've also got more videos on the way, and a new EP that I'm hoping to release by the end of the year, so stay tuned!